PEEPING TOM 24/7 MOVIE POSTER EXHIBIT DECEMBER 2020 – JANUARY 2021
It has not been easy to organize anything in 2020. We had to cancel REBELS, ROUSERS & POSEURS with Jason Ringenberg in the spring. A similar fate threatened the celebration for the 60th Anniversary of PEEPING TOM directed by Michael Powell. We planned for it in the summer, now it’s almost winter and COVID measures are still tight. It’s not possible to organize an exhibit like we are used to.
So, we turn things round! You watch the posters from outside through the keyhole like a diorama! Okay, it’s a gimmick, but desperate times et cetera. Besides now is the time to stroll the neighborhood. We have most of the posters for PEEPING TOM on show. This is the third exhibit dedicated to a single film after LA DOLCE VITA in 2012 and BLOW-UP in 2014 and the first socially distanced one. Mind you, you have to watch through the keyholes, so wear a mask! Unfortunately, we can’t clean the windows 24/7. By all means, sneak peek but stay safe.
IS THERE MORE ON THE MENU?
If the sneak leaves you wanting more, have the grand tour. The gallery is still open every Saturday from noon to 6 PM. Unfortunately it is not possible to have more than 4 visitors in the gallery. If you reserve a time slot (email firstname.lastname@example.org) you can make sure that Wim tells you all you want to hear and more about PEEPING TOM, its making and of course the posters. We have compiled a menu of different 10-minute topics:
- “The walls are closing in“: about Michael Powell and his disillusionment with the British film establishment
- “That will do Mark. Dry your eyes and stop being silly”: about the scandal of Peeping Tom.
- “All this filming isn’t healthy”: about Peeping Tom and feminist film theory.
- “They said you needn’t photograph my face”: about glamour girls, decency and good taste.
- “Silly bitch, you fainted in the wrong scene”: about the casting of Peeping Tom.
- “Set the mood for me, Mark”: about the different takes in movie poster design.
- “Imagine, someone coming towards you”: about Peeping Tom and Psycho as parents of the slasher movie genre.
ONE MORE THING! This is the first time the posters on exhibit are NOT FOR SALE. I’ll cling to the collection for quite a while yet, thank you very much. You can make do with the other hundreds and thousands of posters of all times, styles and countries. We specialize in classic, genre and arthouse movies.
Walk on by or come on in. It’s up to you. Where you ask? At the SICK SMELL OF SUCCESS of course @ Oudezijds Achterburgwal 125 hs, 1012 DE, AMSTERDAM. When? From November 27th until February 2021.
Wim – MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter